Saturday, April 28

I donated my computer!

BREAKING NEWS: GRID.ORG MISSION COMPLETE
On Friday, April 27, 2007, Grid.org announced it has completed its mission to demonstrate the viability and benefits of large-scale Internet-based grid computing, and will be retiring its famous efforts to support critical health research.
I've participated in this project for 6 years, and below is statistics of my CPU donations:
That chart shows that 5 years and 119 days of my CPUs ran for this project, and I returned 3,486 results to the project, ranked 19,261 out of 1,341,217 members.

2001 Grid.org partnered Intel and Oxford University to start the Cancer Research Project. I downloaded software from it and ran the program in lowest priority.
When my computer is not working, it turns to calculation of Cancer Research Project. Totally 3.7 Million computers participated in this calculation, and submitted the result to research group.

You are still welcome to donation your CPU to the following projects(copied from grid.org):
With your help, the research institutes can save money from buying expensive Super-Computers and retrieve result faster.