Sunday, February 25

Serivce Unavailable

I got "Service Unavailable" message when setting up an IIS website. It happened after I install Visual Studio 2005.

Google tells me that is because of some AppPool doesn't have enough privileges to run some program...I spent 10 hours to uninstall and reinstall related software: IIS, dotNet Framework, VS, SQL Server... Finally, when I tried to install the dotNet Framework 2, I got this message:
Error 25007:Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim().


What the hell is fusion? I found the creator of this error message which is a programmer in Microsoft. His blog said: Please visit xxx to clean up and reinstall. That spend me another hour. Finally, in the Microsoft's forum, Filipe Janela said:

I experienced exactly the same problem and solved it by deleting the policies folders under %windir%\WinSxS

Hope it helps.

Who cares what these folders are? (yes, I checked the date of these folders and found it's created in these 2 days. So they are not from the original system.) Anyway, this is the ultimate solution for everything. Now I got the .NET Framework 2 installed.